Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 22 - Swan Hill, Victoria to Home!

Today we were heading back home.
We got up early and headed to Spoons on the Riverside (again!) for breakfast.  It was very tasty. 


Breakfast trifle

Breakfast burger

Pancakes
After breakfast we had a look at the Murray River before leaving Swan Hill.  I met Woody again (he had aged somewhat since I saw him at the start of my holiday ;-) ).
We decided to have a look at Echuca before going home.  The drive there was uneventful.
We had lunch at Wisteria Cottage Cafe in Echuca and then walked around the town for a bit.  Echuca is a lovely town, with a lot of things to look at.  If we had more time we would have gone on a Paddle steamer ride on the Murray River.


This little visitor wanted a bit of my scone (I gave her some of course! :-))


Blacksmith shop - great place to have a look at

Giant log

I tried to pull it, it didn't budge ;-)
Before leaving Echuca, we had a drink at Oscar W's and watched the paddle-steamers on the Murray River. 

We also so a 3 person folk band playing.  They were very good.
Afterwards we headed home.  When we neared the city, the freeway became packed with cars which were being driven like maniacs!  I must say I didn't miss the traffic at all on our holiday!
We finally arrived home around 6:30.  We drove around 6,000km on our holiday and I loved every single km.  I had a fantastic time and can't wait to do it again!




No comments:

Post a Comment