Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!



Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween.  When I was growing up, it wasn’t celebrated much around here in Australia.  Even though it wasn’t that common a holiday, my family and I used to go all out in celebration of it.  We decorated the house, made graveyards for the front yard, and even had a smoke machine one year too!  And every year I would go trick or treating with my brother and cousin and sometimes a friend from school or down the street. 
That pumpkin costume was awesome!  Mum made it from crepe paper and it was filled with balloons.  The balloons popped whenever I walked through a doorway. 

Of course you have to be a vampire on Halloween.  The white stuff is flour.  My Mum, Aunty and Nan used to hide behind fences and throw flour at us.  Was great haha!
Halloween is such a fun time. I love to decorate the house and fix up lolly bags for the little kiddies who come round, it’s great that the Halloween celebration is definitely picking up now.  
This year, we had the most trick or treaters ever!  Over 50 came visiting! Which is ridiculous considering we had only10-15 little ghouls previous years.  Needless to say we had to do some emergency trips to the supermarket!


 We had a great Halloween and hope every one else did too!

Happy Halloween from my little corner of the web!
(Do you know how long it took to get them to sit still enough to take a photo?? Little buggers hehe)

2 comments:

  1. That just blows my mind to think that Halloween isn't celebrated everywhere like it is here. Shows unfortunately what I know, which is sometimes very little. I love that you guys celebrate it and have little visitors! We live in the country so we only had our friends kids and my step-daughter and her half siblings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is no where near as celebrated like in America, but it is definitely becoming more popular. We had heap of kids this year, more than double from last year. Was great fun!

      Delete