Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 7 - Innamincka, SA

The night was much better than the one before! My thermal pants and hot water bottle worked :-)

We all got up early and watch the sun rise over Coopers Creek. The river was full of pelicans! It was spectacular!











Mum and I drove to the toilets at the start of the camping area to go to the toilet because really who wants to go in the bush if you don't have to? :-P
Once we had packed the camp up we stopped for a quick look at the 'dig tree'. It has coordinates carved in it and the other tree has Burke's face carved in it. It was pretty cool to see. I rubbed Burke's nose hehe!











We were not originally planning to stay at Innamincka two nights, we were going to continue on and camp so we all went to the public shower block to have a shower. It was very interesting. It was coin operated and it cost $2 for a 3 minute shower. You had to be completely ready to jump in the shower once you put your money in. I manage to finish under 3 minutes woo! Quickest shower ever hehe!
When I finished my shower, I walked back to the cars and tried to get into our car. It was locked. I was going on at Dad to unlock the car cause I wanted to put my stuff away and he said that wasn't our car. Haha! I was trying to get into the wrong car!

After that embarrassing event, we headed over to the Innamincka Hotel and bought some internet access. Because we had a late start and Mum had a bit of a nasty cold, we decided to stay another night at Innamincka in the motel behind the pub.





We spent the day in the pub, just resting and relaxing. It was really nice and interesting to see the different people come and go.








We saw another lovely sunrise and I took then opportunity to have some more jumping shots taken :-P





We had dinner at the Innamincka pub. It was a buffet style dinner and so tasty! I went back for seconds (and maybe some thirds :-P). Innamincka was no where near as packed as the day before so it was quite pleasant.

Mum and Dad talked to the lady at the general store about which roads to take to Birdsville. The main roads are apparently very bad and they have had 4 cars roll on it in the last few days. She has advised us to the the longer way to Birdsville so we are heading there tomorrow.

Next stop Birdsville, QLD!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Innamincka, SA

1 comment:

  1. Haha I like this jumping shot better. And that face in the tree looks cool!

    ReplyDelete